Logistics/Customer Service/Planning Administrator:
- Do you enjoy variety in a role?
- Would being responsible for the logistics/customer service and planning administration appeal to you?
- Maybe you’d like the opportunity to work in a busy service office and provide holiday relief?
- Would you enjoy being responsible for; liaising with customers, getting involved in production planning and dealing with Logistics administration to name a few?
- Do you have previous experience working in a busy manufacturing, logistics or food environment?
- Maybe you’ve worked with an MRP/ERP system previously? Although this is not essential.
- Do you have strong Microsoft skills within Word, Excel and Outlook?
- Are you a naturally self-motivated individual who can work off your own initiative and have good decision making skills?
- Have you used planning and scheduling software such as Preactor or Orchestrate previously?
- Do you have strong analytical and numeracy skills?
- Would you feel confident analysing and preparing documents needed for production and Transport?
- Maybe you’ve previously processed relevant export documentation and have ensured that all parts are ready to meet despatch dates?
- Have you worked in a logistics department or planning role previously?
- Maybe you have previous knowledge of carrier management?
- Do you pride yourself on having excellent communication skills and would be confident building effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation?
- Does the opportunity to work for a friendly, growing and very well established local organisation appeal to you?
- Are you looking for a long-term career and not just a job?
If you answer ‘YES’ to the above, then this position could be the exciting career opportunity you’re looking for as a ‘Logistics / Customer Service / Planning Administrator’ and the TalentHQ Recruitment team would love to hear from you…
The Job Role:
The Logistics / Customer Service / Planning Administrator will provide holiday relief for a busy service office. This is a varied role in supporting the department with administration duties and providing holiday cover for the department. The range of Duties includes liaising with customers, booking hauliers, production planning and raw material intake, Logistics administration and providing KPI’s for the business.
- Analyse and prepare documents needed for production and Transport.
- Creates production schedule and prioritises job-orders for production optimisation.
- Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
- Creation of Daily and Weekly Reports
- Representing our client in a professional manner to customers while dealing with all customer requirements
- Manage the receipt and input of customer orders, entering all orders accurately and promptly onto Line 1000 system.
- Processing relevant export documentation and ensuring that all parts are ready on time to meet despatch dates of the orders.
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure customer orders are fulfilled, remaining up to date on production capability and supply of raw materials.
- Liaise with Business Managers and credit control team to ensure any credit stop orders are held until payment has cleared, communicating with the customer at all stages to update on progress.
- Support customers on delivery queries, complaints, requests for information and any ad hoc issues.
- Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Accountability for the daily transaction of transport in the UK, EU, and ROW
- Engaging with carriers, customer service, and other key stakeholders to ensure deliveries are made as per request
- Weekly reconciliation for invoicing
- Identifies opportunities for cost saving and improving service
- Working in a team environment and working in a safe manner