- Salary: £24,000 – £25,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
- Location: Stevenage, Herts
- Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
- Monday – Friday/ 0900 – 1700
- Are you a recent law graduate keen to ‘kick start’ your career?
- Maybe you have a genuine interest in pursuing with commercial and consumer law?
- Alternatively, maybe you’ve previously gained some experience working within the legal environment?
- Does the opportunity to be part of a successful, growing business at an exciting time of growth appeal to you?Would you like the opportunity to be responsible for managing various caseloads and resolving disputes between members and consumers?
- Is having excellent attention to detail one of your strengths?
- Would you be described as a confident, assertive and empathetic individual with excellent communication skills?
- Does the opportunity to join a growing organisation, that supports in employees and offer fantastic professional development appeal to you?
- Maybe you’re currently working in as a Paralegal or in a similar position and would like to utilise your strengths in a different way?
- Are you looking for a long-term career with good company perks and career prospects?
If you answer ‘YES’ to the above, then this position could be the exciting career opportunity you’re looking for as a ‘Ombudsman’ and the TalentHQ Recruitment team would love to hear from you…
Job Duties will include;
- Provide impartial advice and case adjudication using your legal knowledge. You will be the middle person between two dissatisfied parties and it is your role to listen to both sides of the case, mediate and reach an impartial recommendation
- Collating and assessing case evidence
- Assessing legal documents for accuracy
- Communicating with members and consumers by telephone, keeping them informed of the status of their case
- Communicate to members and consumers how you have reached your conclusion and how your assessment is line with current legislation
- Ensuring all case details and outcomes are logged accurately
- Give legal advice on consumer law and complaint management to subscribing members
Skills & Experience Required;
- Educated to degree level in a Law based degree
- Previous work experience within a legal environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyse written content
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflict
- LPC or additional study is advantageous