Are you passionate about making a difference to peoples lives, are you excited at the prospect of having an impact on a national level, do you want to play an integral role in the next phase of development of an organisation with over 350 different partners – supporting more than 1.8 million people across the UK…?
Our client is a highly established and respected social enterprise based in Stevenage. The company works UK wide and has over 350 prestigious public and private sector clients. The organisation works to tackle social isolation and inequality through better information provision for disabled people.
The company is looking for a talented, hard working, results driven individual to join its Business Development Team.
This is no ordinary role; the successful candidate must be passionate about our clients social mission and the difference it makes.
Business Development Manager
- Are you a hard working, positive, self motivated person?
- Are you driven by the opportunity to make a difference to peoples lives?
- Do you have the desire to learn about a whole new service/product and become an expert?
- Can you speak passionately about disability and equality?
- Are you an exceptional presenter, with great persuasive skills?
- Are you someone with the gravitas and presence to deal with people at all levels of an organisation, including Directors and CEOs?
- Do you have a proven track record of or working to and controlling an agreed sales process?
- Do you thrive under pressure and have the resilience to deal with rejection?
- Are you able to manage objections successfully and maintain a professional demeanour at all times?
- Do you have the tenacity and aptitude to explore multiple avenues to gaining a consensus?
- Do you have experience using CRM systems, such as Zoho or Salesforce?
- Do you have excellent written skills with the capability to write proposals and briefing documents?
- Do you have the confidence and work ethic to gain high level appointments with potential prospects?
- Are you a team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues and managers?
- Are you able to take responsibility for failures as well as successes and learn from them?
- Are you happy travelling UK wide, staying away from home on occasion?
- Are you someone who has been previously trusted with responsibility and a degree of autonomy?
If you answered ‘YES’ to the above, then this could be your next exciting opportunity as a ‘Business Development Manager’ that you’ve been looking for and the TalentHQ Recruitment team would love to hear from you…
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for generating new business in 4 areas – local authority, NHS, education, private sector. This will include identifying prospects, making approaches at a senior level, attending meetings, presenting to individuals and groups, drafting proposals, managing the sales process, drafting agreements, raising invoices and updating CRM records. The role will also include producing briefing and reports for the Board and investigating potential new markets. The successful candidate will need to work with multiple teams across the business to ensure a joined up approach is taken to renewal business and marketing opportunities.
Education and Skills
- Ideally educated to degree level and / or possessing sales experience.
- Proven experience in developing senior level relationships with cross sector clients.
- Strong presentation skills, able to chair meetings and handle objections.
- Strong communications skills – telephone, email and face to face.
- Experienced in meeting targets and managing key organisational processes
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information with a desire to learn and understand new things.
- Strong research skills with the ability to prepare briefing papers and proposals.
- Exceptional organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to engage and persuade people at all levels in a diverse range of organisations.
- Happy to work to challenging targets.
- Confident with MS Office and new IT systems.
- Direct sales experience in a cross sector environment
- Knowledge of disability and equality matters, ideally including a working knowledge of Equality Act (2010).
- Knowledge of CRMs e.g. Zoho, Salesforce
- Knowledge of accounting / invoicing systems e.g. Xero
- Valid UK driving licence and passport.